Prof. Dr. Cristina Rosell
Area V. Food Product Development and Sensory Evaluation.
⟵ LATIN FOOD 2022 / SPEAKERS
University of Manitoba, Canada.
Cristina Rosell is Professor and Head of the Department of Food and Human Nutritional Sciences, she has a PhD and BSc in Pharmacy from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. Her research focuses on design and development of innovative foods based on grains, she has a h-index of 83 and more than 20910 citations. Investigations have been conducted in the following areas:
- Quality assessment of cereals and other grains
- Starch physical properties in foods
- Enzymatic treatments in food innovation
- Doughs and bakery products
- Properties of grains based foods
Porfessor Cristina Rosell current research projects are:
- Optimization of bakery processes by a computational tool together with consumer feedback to minimize ecological footprint and food waste
- Tracing rice and valorizing side streams along Mediterranean blockchain
- Integrating phlorotannins and starch into healthy gluten free food with potential in the management of glycemic response