Prof. Luis Bello
Area V. Food Product Development and Sensory Evaluation.
⟵ LATIN FOOD 2022 / SPEAKERS
Center for the Development of Biotic Products of the IPN, México.
Professor-researcher at the Center for the Development of Biotic Products of the IPN, Yautepec, Morelos. Biochemical engineer from the Technological Institute of Acapulco and Master in Bioengineering CINVESTAV-IPN, Zacatenco Unit. PhD in Plant Biotechnology from the CINVESTAV-IPN Irapuato Unit and Post-doctorate at the National Institute for Agricultural Research, France. 1995-1996.
Reserach stays in the Department of Food Science at the University of Nottingham, England, 2004. University of Illinois, United States of America. 2005.
Sabbatical stay at the Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research in the Department of Food Science at Purdue University. 2012-2014
- 1 book.
- 24 chapters in books.
- 400 articles published in journals with ISI-JCR registration. Approximately 10,200 total citations and an h=51 in Scopus.
- 3 patents
- 28 bachelor’s theses, 44 master’s theses
- 24 doctoral theses.
- Excellence Teaching Award by the American Association of Cereal Chemist International, 2020.
- Recognition of merit in Science and Technology from the Government of the state of Morelos, 2020.
- YUM KAAX Award “Ricardo Bressani” for his contributions to Nixtamalization, 2015.
- Scopus Mexico Award 2013.
- National Award for Merit in Food Science and Technology 2012 awarded by CONACYT and Coca Cola-Mexico.
- Merit Award in Science and Technology from the state of Guerrero, 2000.
- National Food Award, 1999.
- Member of the Mexican Academy of Sciences 2000-
- Member of the Academy of Sciences of Morelos 2010-
- Member of the Editorial Board of international journals: Plant Foods for Human Nutrition, Starch/Starke, Cyta-Journal of Food, Journal of Cereal Science, Mexican Journal of Chemical Engineering, Food Hydrocolloids.
- Associate editor in the journals Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, Cereal Chemistry, Agrociencia, lwt.
- Emeritus researcher of the National System of Researchers 2022-.